[CentOS] Threading and CentOS mailing list digest

Sat Apr 18 16:52:39 UTC 2009
David G. Miller <dave at davenjudy.org>

Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at ...> writes:

> David G. Miller wrote:
> > Kai Schaetzl <maillists at ...> wrote:
> >
> > What is happening is I get the CentOS mailing list in digest form.

<SNIP>

> I avoid the problem by accessing this list via the mail-to-news gateway
> on news.gmane.org and suspending the list email delivery entirely.

<and SNIP some more... Gmane enforces keeping the quoted material short>

Gmane is cool and might be the answer (this is being posted through Gmane).
We'll see if they're OK with my mailserver, etc.

I really like the convenience and lack of interruptions I get with getting the
list in digest form so this may be the way for me to keep the threaded readers
happy while still contributing.

Cheers,
Dave