[CentOS] virt-manager crashes Host during installation of guest

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Aug 20 18:31:21 UTC 2009

Ian Murray wrote on Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:21:33 +0000 (GMT):

> Actual, virt-install commmand line looks no less daunting to me.

What is "daunting" about "virt-install -p"?

> I don't know if that is possible under virt-install.

Everything is possible, it depends on how deep you want to dig into it. This guy
just wants to get his first Xen VM up for some testing (I suppose). There is no
need to follow lengthy explanations and fail in the end if there is a simple
command available.

> I think tap:aio is more favoured than file, for performance reasons.

This is general belief. I suggest doing some tests. After that you may think
different. ;-) Also, there have been various problems with tap:aio devices in the
various Xen incarnations over time that weren't present in file.
You want to use LVM or remote storage for real world usage, anyway, but that
wasn't the task outlined by the OP.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany