[CentOS] virt-manager crashes Host during installation of guest

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Aug 21 09:31:22 UTC 2009

Ian Murray wrote on Fri, 21 Aug 2009 02:09:04 +0000 (GMT):

> [root at xen ~]# virt-install -p
> ERROR    A name is required for the virtual machine.

Oh, my god. I just gave this extra parameter as I thought it would then ask for
the missing data. I forgot that you can either have interactive or parameters,
not a mix.
You run just "virt-install" then. That's even more "daunting", is it?
I suppose that was too difficult to figure out yourself?

> Perhaps for the benefit of the OP, perhaps you could give a complete known working example.

Hm, surprise, surprise, I gave one.

> Well, if you have done such tests, please do share... especially on
> the xen-users list, as there are far more competent Xen-ers to discuss
> your findings than me.

Read it's archives.

Kai

--