[CentOS] virt-manager crashes Host during installation of guest

Ian Murray murrayie at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 21 10:08:15 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----

I never used virt-install and you were going on about how easy it was. Even you managed to get it wrong. You forgot and I never knew. I just copied and pasted what you stated several times would work. As a newbie would. ;o) As I said before, I am pretty *happy* with the way I create my VMs, and this thread isn't about how I create them. Getting a massive command-line right can be daunting, if you are new to the technology. That's just my opinion.

> > Perhaps for the benefit of the OP, perhaps you could give a complete known
> working example.
>
> Hm, surprise, surprise, I gave one.

Okay, I didn't recall, my bad.

> > Well, if you have done such tests, please do share... especially on
> > the xen-users list, as there are far more competent Xen-ers to discuss
> > your findings than me.
>
> Read it's archives.

Thanks, very helpful. I guess that means 'read it in the archives.' I am sure it is easy to find.