[CentOS] centos 5.3 with dkms-nvidia-x11-drv and gnome power manager sleep

Sun Aug 30 19:57:15 UTC 2009
Ryan Pugatch <rpug at tripadvisor.com>

Hi all,

On my ThinkPad T61, I am trying to get gnome power manager's sleep
function to work properly.  When I bring my machine back up after sleep,
I end up with just a black screen and nothing responding.. no capslock
light when I hit capslock for example.  I am running the latest nvidia
driver from rpmforge (I'm suspecting the nvidia driver isn't playing nice).

With Ubuntu I had to make a change in
/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/20-video-quirk-pm-el5-lenovo.fdi
to get it to work.  This, unfortunately, didn't help in CentOS.

'echo mem > /sys/power/state' seems to work properly - the machine
actually comes back up.  Whatever method G-P-M is using is not.

Can I make G-P-M use that command to suspend?  Or any ideas on how to
make G-P-M's method work?

Thanks,

Ryan