[CentOS] A couple questions about Wine

Sun Aug 30 19:58:36 UTC 2009
Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com>

VirtualBox works great but, since I only really use one Windows
program (an older, specialized word processor called Movie Magic
Screenwriter), I'm thinking of using Wine to run it in CentOS and
getting rid of the Windows virtual machine. But a couple questions:

1) If I run Wine, do I introduce security or performance issues?

2) Is there any difference between Michael Harris' Wine repository and
the ones available through... wherever yum is picking it up? (Actually
it looks like it has two or three versions listed.)

Thanks for any recommendations. I like VirtualBox, but it seems like overkill.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3