[CentOS] Can not modprobe acpi-cpufreq.ko in CentOS 5.2

Sun Aug 2 15:49:42 UTC 2009
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Ian jonhson wrote:

> # modprobe acpi-cpufreq
> FATAL: Error inserting acpi_cpufreq
> (/lib/modules/2.6.29.3/kernel/arch/x86/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.ko):
> No such device

That error tells me most likely your hardware is not
compatible with the driver, check 'dmesg' for any messages
the driver might of generated when it was loading.

What CPU are you using? I get the same message on this system
I am on, a really old dual xeon single core system. p4-clockmod
loads though if I recall right even though you can adjust the
clock speed the power usage won't be impacted because the
voltage won't change, at least on this class of processor.

nate