[CentOS] Strange XEN on CentOS HWaddr Address Issue

Tue Aug 4 15:31:26 UTC 2009
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Sergey Smirnov wrote on Tue, 4 Aug 2009 17:14:48 +0400:

> This commonly happens when you using Xen in the bridged mode (when you
> reboot your system the first time, this is default Xen configuration).
> You have to change your configuration to routed mode if you want to
> prevent that in future.

No, I haven't ever seen that the physical MAC address got changed to FE-
whatever by Xen. Anyway, there are other problems you can encounter. There
was a thread either here or in centos-virt some time back about the other
issues that can occur. Started by me. The solution for the other problems
is to do your own bridging and disable the network-bridge script of Xen.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany