[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Sat Aug 8 22:43:24 UTC 2009
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 15:04 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Robert<lists07 at abbacomm.net> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > please stop poking the bears...  ;->
> >
> > it isn't productive and many of you that are critical of CentOS and the
> > people running it should just move on and go away as asked
>
> +1      How easy it is to criticize people who have put in a
> tremendous amount of hours, without pay, working on the CentOS
> project. There is always room for improvement, but the criticism from
> those who have not put in the hours over the past years is not
> deserved.

Possible Perception Problem? When a non-contributing user sees an
opportunity for improvement in the projects <insert your preferred
project activity here>, the user should not only make a suggestion but
also state why it is a good idea and situations that support the need
for an improvement.

This presents a ripe opportunity for a perception of "unwarranted
criticism", "whining" by someone who paid nothing, "lack of appreciation
for all the *free* hard work we do", etc.

--
Bill