[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Sat Aug 8 23:14:47 UTC 2009
Robert <lists07 at abbacomm.net>

> This presents a ripe opportunity for a perception of
> "unwarranted criticism", "whining" by someone who paid
> nothing, "lack of appreciation for all the *free* hard work
> we do", etc.
>
> > <snip sig stuff>
>
> --
> Bill

Bill,

Good points...

yet you forgot about "presentation".... if a person makes a poor
presentation of possibly helpful and/or valid criticism, then it is similar
to the wisdom that says...

As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without
discretion.

plus...

...maybe some are forgetting that the upstream does close to 700 million a
year in sales and has no debt... after all the number crunching it appears
they show a profit in the 80 million a year range.

in my humble estimation, CentOS if run reasonably well and truly supported
by it's community could have a good fraction of to a full 1% of that
yearly....

The Team does extremely well technically now, yet imagine how well the
CentOS Dev team could do if they could take paychecks as well as hire other
needed positions. eh?

I'd like to see CentOS flourish in all possible ways !!!

i want to ride on the CentOS Lear when it is ready please????   ;->

again, it really will be best if people would "stop poking the bears".

 - rh