[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Sat Aug 8 23:50:16 UTC 2009
Marko A. Jennings <markobiz at bluegargoyle.com>

On Sat, August 8, 2009 4:04 pm, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Robert<lists07 at abbacomm.net> wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> please stop poking the bears...  ;->
>>
>> it isn't productive and many of you that are critical of CentOS and the
>> people running it should just move on and go away as asked
>
> +1      How easy it is to criticize people who have put in a
> tremendous amount of hours, without pay, working on the CentOS
> project. There is always room for improvement, but the criticism from
> those who have not put in the hours over the past years is not
> deserved.

Lanny,

Your statement implies that people that have not contributed to a certain
goal cannot possibly have a good suggestion.  Following that line of
thought, we should all shut up and let our respective governments do
whatever they please because most of us have not been public servants.

And even if the suggestion (or criticism, as lots of suggestions have been
labeled as of lately) is not valid, there are kinder and more polite ways
of responding to them than those we have experienced in this thread.

Marko