[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Sun Aug 9 00:44:12 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On 8/8/09, Marko A. Jennings <markobiz at bluegargoyle.com> wrote:
> On Sat, August 8, 2009 4:04 pm, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Robert<lists07 at abbacomm.net> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> please stop poking the bears...  ;->
>>>
>>> it isn't productive and many of you that are critical of CentOS and the
>>> people running it should just move on and go away as asked
>>
>> +1      How easy it is to criticize people who have put in a
>> tremendous amount of hours, without pay, working on the CentOS
>> project. There is always room for improvement, but the criticism from
>> those who have not put in the hours over the past years is not
>> deserved.
>
> Lanny,
>
> Your statement implies that people that have not contributed to a certain
> goal cannot possibly have a good suggestion.

Makro: If I implied that, I did not express myself properly. Good
suggestions, if submitted in the proper way, will probably be welcome
by the developers. Criticism will not be welcome. The problem will be
if the people who are not developers try to take control of the
project or change the goals of the project.

<snip>

> And even if the suggestion (or criticism, as lots of suggestions have been
> labeled as of lately) is not valid, there are kinder and more polite ways
> of responding to them than those we have experienced in this thread.

I agree with you on that. There are more polite and courteous ways. I
suspect that the recent Open Letter to Lance, brought out a lot of
things that have caused the developers great stress and frustration,
for a year or more and now they need a chance to recuperate and
regroup.  Lanny