[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Fri Aug 7 21:54:10 UTC 2009
R P Herrold <herrold at centos.org>

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Les Mikesell wrote:

>  And meanwhile there are things that aren't on schedule.
> Or maybe there isn't a schedule - or maybe no one is
> supposed to expect one.

oh please -- You've been around software, computers, and FOSS
long enough to know the game --

Publish a schedule and take a day longer.  Not soon enough,
why are they so slow, and if a miss, the sky is falling, in
commercial world angry stockholder suits, and all the
externalities; don't publish a schedule and say: when it is
ready, or enforce no un-planned leaks like Apple or RHT:
just as much carping, but no miss.

People can project their expectations all they wish; I won't
feed those

>>> We'd feel better if you shared your contingency plans.
>>
>> I've done that repeatedly -- either people do not read, or
>> will not believe what we write.  Nothing of human creation
>> cannot be all things to all people and it is foolish to think
>> otherwise.
>
> That was in response to Johnny's comment about having to personally know

as may be, but the same result obtains for me being frank.

> someone before they would be allowed to touch anything in the
> repository.  What if something happens to Johnny?  Is there a bigger
> picture?

The sub-domain under discussion and mentioned by hughesjr and
others is a sub-doamin of centos.org.  I believe the group has
sketched it out already.  Website, front page, top right:

 	The CentOS project is now in control of the CentOS.org
 	... domain ...

but as I said before, people do not read, or will not believe
what we write. More details appear when we release more
details

Who is the fool here?

-- Russ herrold