[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Fri Aug 7 21:57:37 UTC 2009
Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com>

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Les Mikesell<lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> That was in response to Johnny's comment about having to personally know
> someone before they would be allowed to touch anything in the
> repository.  What if something happens to Johnny?  Is there a bigger
> picture?

I'm not quite sure what it is you want. From what I see, there were
eight developers who signed the Open Letter to Lance Davis. I assume
(don't know) that these eight developers are the ones who "rebuild"
Red Hat into CentOS -- so how could it mean that if one gets hit by a
bus, the project ends? As you've also mentioned (in another post) they
basically take "upstream" code and rebuild it (removing "upstream's"
name). So, my question is, what kind of input from the community would
change any of this? And what is it that you actually want community
input to change?

I look at it this way. CentOS is 100% compatible with "upstream." By
using RPMForge and the other repositories I can "modify" CentOS to my
heart's content.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3