[CentOS] Current Infighting

Sun Aug 9 17:03:44 UTC 2009
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Cory Rainey<crainey at cvalley.net> wrote:
> Most often, I sit here and read the posts because I don't feel I'm
> qualified yet to be of help to anyone posting in this mailing list.  I
> chose CentOS for my work file server because I had always used RedHat
> and Fedora and felt comfortable with it.
>> I feel blessed to be part of this community and would be sadly
> disappointed if it were to self destruct.  I appreciate the developers
> and would not have a clue how they do what they do.  I have a great
> product with support when I need it from the forums and help there when
> I can as well.

Well said.

I've helped run some various local groups. One thing I've noticed is
that many people are very quick to offer suggestions on how things
could work better. They want to assign folks to do everything from
writing code to maintaining servers to migrating to
better/faster/stronger hardware or software. What many people don't
realize is that it's work, sometimes a lot of work, to keep things
going much less find time to rip out a limping infrastructure and
replace it anew. I've heard variations of, "Hey Kwan, I don't know how
to do this myself, but why don't you blah blah blah the servers so
that it will blah blah faster/better/stronger?"  Companies can charge
a lot of money for these services and many times we ask that it be
done freely and on demand.

So a big thank you to all the CentOS team. Your efforts are appreciated.