[CentOS] OT: Firefox SSL error on Linux, Firefox OK on Windows - same web site

Thu Aug 13 18:37:15 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

>> Please try "nslookup analytics.linksynergy.com" instead, since that is
>> the domain that appears in your error message.
<snip>

>> ** server can't find analytics.linksynergy.com: NXDOMAIN
>>
>> Looks like there is something wrong with their DNS...

Well, in the whois for linkshare I found their contact, so today I
wrote to that email address. I was very hopeful he would understand
why the TTL should be changed, but he wrote back:

"Our TTLs are correct. They are set at the current value for faster failover."

I just wrote to him again, and I copied what Rick wrote to me off list
and what Filipe wrote on list and hopefully he will read what they
wrote (and the intermittent failures they saw) and understand why the
TTL should be changed. Yesterday, I assumed they would correct this.
Today, I'm not so sure...