[CentOS] [CentOS-qa] Updated livecd building tool

Wed Aug 19 21:49:06 UTC 2009
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Patrice Guay wrote:

> I updated the livecd-tools package from version 013 to 014. This update
> introduces new interesting features like :
> - support for Xen kernel
> - built-in md5sum into the resulting LiveCD ISO
> - a new API
>
> See https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/wiki/GetToolset for
> instructions on how to get this updated toolset.
>
> Since it is a major update, I expect some bugs. I am looking for
> feedback from people interested in respining their own LiveCD kickstart
> files with the new tool.
>
> As usual, if you encounter a bug or would like to submit a patch, create
> a ticket from the CentOS LiveCD project page:
> https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd

Hey Patrice,

Together with Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann I am preparing a custom LiveCD for
giving presentations with your wiimote and CentOS 5.3. This solution was
specifically made for FrOSCon 2009 this weekend.

I implemented most of the suggestions I made previously, and integrated
both the multimedia packages (players/codecs) as well as the hardware
drivers from ELRepo.

To have sufficient diskspace for a CD (700MB) I had to remove some
productivity applications and clean up other items you normally would keep
on a LiveCD. I will make the kickstart-file available once I have finished
this work.

Thanks for your work, without it I would probably never have looked at it !

PS I am also planning to include your work as an example in my own
presentation for FrOSCon.

PS2 I had to make slight modifications to livecd-creator to make it work
with a newer syslinux. A newer syslinux has various advantages. I'll
probably make some more modifications to it after FrOSCon.

Kind regards,