[CentOS] looking for RAID 1+0 setup instructions?

Sun Aug 30 16:52:12 UTC 2009
Miguel Medalha <miguelmedalha at sapo.pt>

> what is your purpose with this Level? I'm asking because I had done some
> raid level tests some time ago with hardware raid controllers/systems
> from 3ware, sun and iscsi-raidsystems and some softwareraid setups.

The purpose of using RAID 10 is, of course, performance coupled with
full redundancy.

> I haven't seen significant performance differences using different
> levels. (I'm not comparing the controllers.)

Did you test RAID 10 also?

I am using software RAID 10 with CentOS 5.3 and I surely did see a
*huge* performance increase with RAID 10 compared to RAID 1 only.