[CentOS] (re)load new kernel with rebooting host node?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Wed Dec 2 19:22:35 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Is it possible to reload the dom0 / host node's kernel with a newer
one, without rebooting the server? I know kexec can do something like
this for security patches, but I don't know much about kexec, and I
don't want to mess up a production server either. So, has anyone done
something like this before? I need to load a new kernel for one of the
domU's iptables to work, but don't want to reboot the whole server and
cause downtime for the other domU's.

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers
CEO, SoftDux Hosting