[CentOS] Screen capture in Terminal

Mark Caudill markca at codelulz.com
Thu Dec 10 22:03:06 UTC 2009

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Mark Caudill wrote:
>> Rick Barnes wrote:

>>> man script
>>>
>> Hi all. I'm new on this list but I think this might help. If you start
>> screen first, enable logging (default ^a H) then run telnet and your
>> commands,
>
> This sounds like what I am looking for, where is it documented?

Mainly in man screen. Just do this though (this will work if you have a
stock install and no custom .screenrc):
1) yum install screen   # Install screen
2) screen               # Start screen
3) Press Ctrl-a then H  # This starts logging the current window (should
be 0)
4) telnet firewall      # Log in to your firewall
5) Ctrl-a H again       # Run this once you're done on the firewall to
close the log
6) exit                 # Exits screen
7) less screenlog.0     # View your screenlog.

--
Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window.
   - Steve Wozniak