[CentOS] Screen capture in Terminal

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:40:28 UTC 2009

Rick Barnes wrote:
> On 12/10/2009 08:05 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> I don't see how to do it.
>> I had to telnet into a firewall and run a trace, and I had to stop it,
>> copy and paste to gedit, then start again, etc.
>> I find it interesting, and sad, that there is no easy 'output to file'
>> profile setting.
> man script

That saves the whole session and is sometimes useful.  But, usually with command
line programs you would just redirect the individual command's output to a file
with '> filename' on the command line, or pipe through tee '|tee filename' if
you want to see it at the same time.

Also, the terminal windows have a fairly big scroll-back buffer which you can
increase with edit/profile so if you do decide to copy something after it
happens you don't have to stop while it is still showing.

   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com