[CentOS] Donation programme

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 15:33:46 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 3:57 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> The simple answer to that is that we are not ( the CentOS Project ) in a
> place where we can take on financial donations. Which essentially boils
> down to the fact that if you were to contribute some money as a
> financial donation, it would not get used for anything constructive  and
> will not goto the project, it would goto one person - who may or may not
> even be doing any regular work in the project.
>
> so your assumption on this is actually wrong: financial donations are
> actively refused at this time. If either you or anyone else are
> contributing funds using any means, you should stop doing that.

This is sad - you guys do incredible work for nothing, other than the
satisfaction you must get and all the accolades we can heap on you,
and there's no way we, your community, can contribute.

Is there anything we, or I, can do to help out with this?  I feel like
a leech and I hate to feel that way.

I am not currently associated with the CentOS project in any way,
shape or form, but would love to help out, especially if it means
getting funding to the project.  It's just wrong that there isn't any.

Mark Hull-Richter
Expert CentOS/Linux/C Software Developer
Registered Linux User #472807
- sign up at http://counter.li.org/