[CentOS] Donation programme

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Dec 19 11:57:49 UTC 2009

On 12/19/2009 02:02 AM, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:
> Is there any decision about the donation programme?
>
> The Web page still says: "If you are looking to make a cash dontation to
> the CentOS Project, please check back here after August 15th, 2009."
>
> I assume that donations aren't refused, but is there a suggested amount,
> as there used to be?

The simple answer to that is that we are not ( the CentOS Project ) in a
place where we can take on financial donations. Which essentially boils
down to the fact that if you were to contribute some money as a
financial donation, it would not get used for anything constructive  and
will not goto the project, it would goto one person - who may or may not
even be doing any regular work in the project.

so your assumption on this is actually wrong: financial donations are
actively refused at this time. If either you or anyone else are
contributing funds using any means, you should stop doing that.

Regards,

- KB