[CentOS] via vb 8001 : vt1211 driver

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Tue Dec 29 00:37:53 UTC 2009

On 12/28/2009 09:18 PM, Adrian Sevcenco wrote:
> Hi! I have an vb8001 and i try to make the lm_sensors to work .. i
> upgraded to latest version and in the end doesn't find the vt1211
> driver ... is it packaged somewhere? (maybe elrepo but it doesn't find
> any vt1211 nor 1211 related packages) (of course this is on an Centos 5.4)
> Thanks,
> Adrian
>
> P.S. i tried to post to lm_sensors mail list but it seem that it is not
> working (nor http://lists.lm-sensors.org/mailman/listinfo/lm-sensors)

Hi Adrian,

If you make a request at elrepo.org (either on the bug tracker or
mailing list), then I'm sure I can backport the vt1211 driver for you
and make it available at elrepo.org. From a quick look, lm_sensors (in
5.4) appears to already support vt1211 so you should just need the
kernel module for it.

Thanks.