[CentOS] via vb 8001 : vt1211 driver

Ben Mohilef benm at dsl-only.net
Tue Dec 29 21:14:05 UTC 2009

I could find no precompiled driver that worked. However, I found GNU-GPL code for one that works
nicely on the Point Clark Networks' site. The instructions are for ClearOS 5.4 which is similar to

Roll your own driver with instructions and vt1211.c code at

Install kernel-devel and start at Paragraph #3.

Works nice on my little M10000 mini-itx epia box.  Until elrepo or Redhat or Centos supports a
vt1211.ko  for RHEL/Centos 5.4, you will have the privilege of recompiling and reinstalling it every time
you update the kernel ( about a 3 minute adventure ).