[CentOS] RHCE

Michel van Deventer michel at van.deventer.cx
Tue Dec 29 18:55:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 12:06 -0600, Dan Burkland wrote:
> I realize this is a CentOS mailing list but because it is based
> directly on RHEL, I would assume there are a few individuals who
> frequent the list that have passed the RHCE exam. I plan on taking the
> exam this March and was wondering if there are any tips you RHCEs out
> there could provide that may help me.
Well, there's at least one RHCE (and RHCA) on this list :)
But we (and you when you take the exam) are not allowed to talk about
it. If you haven't booked it yet, try to get the 'rapid track' course
with exam, it takes you through the whole system and gets you up to
speed on a lot of subjects you might not be using everyday (I do not
know what you are doing for a job, but I can imagine that you don't use
every aspect of RHEL (or CentOS) on a daily basis).
If you are VERY experienced you can try to take the exam without
preparation, it is performance based as Red Hat calls it. See
http://www.redhat.com/certification/rhce/ for more information and some
prep questions.

	Regards,

	Michel (RHCE #804006422520400)