[CentOS] OT: Google Earth - How to uninstall, before installing newest version?

Wed Dec 16 21:33:13 UTC 2009
Robert <kerplop at sbcglobal.net>

Lanny Marcus wrote:
> Desktop is CentOS 5.4 (32 bit).  I have Google Earth version
> 4.2.205.5730 (13NOV2007 build date) installed. I have checkinstall
> (spelling?) installed, but am not sure if that was installed before or
> after Google Earth was installed. I have the Google Repository
> installed, but apparently Google Earth cannot be updated via yum and
> probably it was not installed via yum.
>
> Question: What is the best way for me to uninstall this version of
> Google Earth, completely, before I install the newest version?
> (This also applies to removing Skype, which I am certain was not
> installed via yum, before I install the static version of Skype, that
> was recently recommended on the list).
>
> TIA and Happy Holidays!      Lanny

Lanny, if you don't have an /opt/google-earth/uninstall, welcome to the
club.
There seems to be a rash of that going around.  The answer might be at
http://earth.google.com/support/bin/search.py?hl=en&forum=1&query=uninstall+more%3Aforum

I've never tried Skype.