[CentOS] OT: Google Earth - How to uninstall, before installing newest version?

Thu Dec 17 14:37:30 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:44 PM, earl ramirez <earlaramirez at gmail.com> wrote:
> The easiest way to do this is to navigate to /opt/google-earth
> then execute the following command from the command line
>
> ./uninstall

I uninstalled the old version of Google Earth, completely, and then,
logged into my normal user account, I downloaded the .bin file from
google. Then, I logged out and logged in as root and installed the new
version of Google Earth.

Now, I remember seeing 1 or 2 lines, regarding the Desktop (?)  ,
which I did not pay careful attention to at the time....  I should
have written down those lines....    I cannot launch the new version
of Google Earth, while logged in as root or in my normal user account,
from the menu or from the desktop icon.  Later, I will try to check
this out on the Google web site. Probably a permission problem or the
icon and menu are not pointing to the proper location ?  The command
from the desktop icon is /opt/google-earth/googleearth % f