[CentOS] College student printer for CentOS 5.4 x86_64?

Sat Dec 19 09:52:19 UTC 2009
Louis Lagendijk <louis at lagendijk.xs4all.nl>

On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 20:20 -0500, David McGuffey wrote:
> Oldest son came back from college and wants a printer for his Dell
> laptop.  I built it with CentOS 5.3 x86_64 several months ago and will
> upgrade it to 5.4
>
> The Cannon printer he now has (bought with the laptop and Vista through
> the university book store), doesn't seem to have linux drivers.

what model printer is this? Did you check http://www.linuxprinting.org?
You may also want to take a look at turboprint www.turboprint.info , it
is commercial, but offer good quality drivers for a lot of printers. It
will still be cheaper than to buy a new printer....

Louis