[CentOS] Optimizing CentOS for gigabit firewall

Mon Dec 21 10:04:32 UTC 2009
sadas sadas <mailrc at abv.bg>

 >Some months ago there was discussions about 10 gbit performance with
 >Linux. Some guys were pushing over 70 Gbit/sec through a single linux
 >box.

  70 Gbit/sec ? Maybe with port aggravation it's possible. Can you give some more info about that guys. To achieve that hight throughput maybe it's necessary to cut most of the OS and the kernel, leaving only the necessary. I'm very interested to read more information about the experiment.

regards

p.s here you can see 10 Gbit/s experiment
http://haproxy.1wt.eu/10g.html