[CentOS] Sparc?

Tue Dec 29 23:37:01 UTC 2009
Peter A <loony at loonybin.org>

Jason,

5 will run solaris 10 with a few initial issues. You may have to install 8 or
9 first and then do a firmware upgrade to get 10 to boot for installation. Also,
512MB max will restrict you in what you can do. ZfS boot is possible but slow
and in general use, you want to reduce the size of zfs caches.
Finally, depending on the graphics card, you may not be able to get a
graphical login. But since you said your son wants to do cli f and knows all
the commands already, that wouldn't be such a big issue.

Peter.