[CentOS] squid HA failover?

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 20:10:54 UTC 2009

I'm running a pair of squids as an internal cache for some intermediate
data used by a web server farm and currently doing failover by going
through an F5 bigip.  However, I'd like to avoid the bigip and use
heartbeat since there are only two machines.   I don't need to sync any
content since it is a fast-changing cache and either machine can handle
everything.  Is it possible to add a floating IP with heartbeat and cut
over to it slowly while also still using the existing IP's on that
subnet?  The documentation I've seen implies that it is bad to use the
real IP's.  If heartbeat can't do this, would it work to use vrrp?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com