[CentOS] tinydns/djbdns opinion poll

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Tue Feb 10 00:53:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 15:07 -0500, Jake wrote:
> Thank you very much for all of your feedback. It really sounds like i
> got two general replies:
>
> "eh, I wouldn't use it" (a minority) and "We do some complicated stuff
> to make it meet our needs and we love it." (majority)
>
> For us, ease of management is really key to having success with our
> technical staff. I think we'll likely stick with BIND.
>
> -Jake

Jake,

We are a small company and started using BIND 3 years ago so that we
could control local access within the network with local zones for 3
remote sites.  Everything on the network works better with your own DNS
service.  Most of my sendmail problems were immediately solved as well
as others. A local DNS is great and BIND was easy for us to use.

Good Luck!!

Greg