[CentOS] clustering and load balancing Apache

Wed Feb 11 11:13:48 UTC 2009
Sergej Kandyla <sk.paix at gmail.com>

Florin Andrei пишет:
> Sergej Kandyla wrote:
>
>> apache is good as backend server for dynamic applications.
>> You could use something like nginx, haproxy as frontend for balancing
>> multiple backend servers.
>> I'm using nginx. This light web server could serve many thousand
>> concurrent connections! It works great!
>>

> In addition to the user-space solutions mentioned above, there are also
> kernel-level solutions, such as Linux Virtual Server, or LVS:
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

IMHO it's not right compare light web server with Virtual servers.

Look at http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/whatis.html
In this scheme you could naturally use nginx as loadbalancer on the Load
Balancer Linux Box.

Also "The mission of the project is to build a high-performance and
highly available server for Linux using clustering
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_cluster> technology, which
provides good scalability, reliability and serviceability."

If you need high-availability you could also use XEN\KVM or OpenVZ.
These technologies are actively developing... XEN\KVM are supported
natively in the RHEL\Centos kernel.
I'm prefer OpenVZ as light-weight virtualization.
http://wiki.openvz.org/HA_cluster_with_DRBD_and_Heartbeat