[CentOS] INIT: Id "snmp" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

Wed Feb 11 14:48:43 UTC 2009
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 14:23, David Halik <dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> INIT: Id "snmp" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "snmp" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "snmp" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

What does "grep -i snmp /etc/inittab" say?

If there is really nothing, try "init q" to see if init is still using
old contents of that file. If that does not help, try "init u" as
well.

If it still does not fix it, please post the full contents of your
inittab so that we can help you fix the problem.

HTH,
Filipe