[CentOS] Practical experience with NTLM/Windows Integrated Authentication [Apache]

Sat Feb 14 15:14:26 UTC 2009
Jeff <jlar310 at gmail.com>

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
<m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 12:11 +0100, Sven wrote:
>> I wish to migrate Windows IIS webserver to CentOS. Killer-Feature is
>> SSO with Windows Integrated Authentication[0].
>>
>> Anyone have experience with such a setup and can say a few sentences
>> how to do that and if its stable?
>
> I've done this on a few servers at work and it works great.  Stable and
> essentially hands off after the initial config. The very first time I
> set it up, I had a tough time figuring out all the bits that were
> necessary to make it work, but I guess that's true of anything you do
> the first time.
>
> You know what the best part is? Nothing was documented. HA!  It's
> actually quite horrible.  My plan is to set up the Apache/Windows AD
> integration again on another box and to document it at that time.
>
> Your two keys to success:
>
> 1. you better have a solid understanding of administering a CentOS
>   system.  You don't have to know Apache inside and out, but good
>   grasp of how to configure apache is a plus.
>
> 2. make sure your Windows ADS is configured properly. If there's
>   anything that will throw off your project, it's the Windows server.
>   Your Windows admin better know his stuff!

OK, so you say it's possible, but how about some hints? You're leaving
us completely in the dark here.

--
Jeff