[CentOS] Practical experience with NTLM/Windows Integrated Authentication [Apache]

Mon Feb 16 00:02:13 UTC 2009
Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

Sven wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I wish to migrate Windows IIS webserver to CentOS. Killer-Feature is
> SSO with Windows Integrated Authentication[0].

Cor...you are asking for a tough one here.
> Anyone have experience with such a setup and can say a few sentences
> how to do that and if its stable?

No experience with apache in particular but for SSO to work, Kerberos
will have to be involved.

Hmm, a Google on apache kerberos produced this:

http://blog.scottlowe.org/2006/08/10/kerberos-based-sso-with-apache/

Have fun. Oh, I believe this will only work with IE clients on the
desktop side of things unless Mozilla or whatever else out there has
kerberos support too.