[CentOS] Practical experience with NTLM/Windows Integrated Authentication [Apache]

Mon Feb 16 02:58:18 UTC 2009
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 19:02, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> Have fun. Oh, I believe this will only work with IE clients on the
> desktop side of things unless Mozilla or whatever else out there has
> kerberos support too.

No, NTLM auth works in Firefox (at least on Firefox on Windows, I
don't think it will work in other platforms though).

I tested configuring Firefox on Windows to do NTLM auth, and it worked
with the IIS sites my company had. As I said before, unfortunately I
couldn't get Apache on Linux to work with NTLM authentication.

See:
http://www.crossedconnections.org/w/?p=89
http://www.cauldwell.net/patrick/blog/PermaLink,guid,c7f1e799-c4ae-4758-9de7-5c3e7a16f3da.aspx
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris