[CentOS] CD burning issues & questions

Sun Jan 4 20:50:32 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 04 January 2009 18:30:40 Lanny Marcus wrote:

> I think it *is* expected behaviour.  After all, you don't want it to erase
> anything without warning.  I think you had a disk that is not finalized (do
> CD-RW disks finalize?  I don't know) therefore it could append the file.
> There was nothing in what you were doing to make it suspect that it shouldn't
> do so.

Yes. Normally, one is asked, before data are deleted. I am not sure
whether or not CD-RW media finalize (there's another word for that?).
I think so, because they seem to have something done to them, after
the data are written to the media.

> I'm not an expert in these matters, but it seems to me that that is what has
> happened, and is quite normal.  Now if you have an iso downloaded anywhere you
> might try burning an image, and see if that asks you about deleting.  I'll bet
> it does.

I'll Download an .iso and see if I am asked whether or not I want to
erase the media before writing the .iso to it.