[CentOS] DNS Issues

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Jan 8 12:28:41 UTC 2009

Per Qvindesland wrote on Thu, 08 Jan 2009 12:50:59 +0100:

> I have a pptp vpn server that works just fine except from dns, I can ping a
> server and it will resolv but no packages are being received,

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand this. Does "except from dns" mean
you have some problem against it from your DNS server? Or should it have been
"except for"? If the latter, I then don't understand the next sentence: which
packages? If you can ping it and if the hostname gets resolved there
definitely *are* packages getting received. Maybe a more verbose example of
what you do and what fails would help?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany