[CentOS] DNS Issues

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jan 8 21:38:55 UTC 2009

on 1-8-2009 4:28 AM Kai Schaetzl spake the following:
> Per Qvindesland wrote on Thu, 08 Jan 2009 12:50:59 +0100:
>> I have a pptp vpn server that works just fine except from dns, I can ping a
>> server and it will resolv but no packages are being received,
> Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand this. Does "except from dns" mean
> you have some problem against it from your DNS server? Or should it have been
> "except for"? If the latter, I then don't understand the next sentence: which
> packages? If you can ping it and if the hostname gets resolved there
> definitely *are* packages getting received. Maybe a more verbose example of
> what you do and what fails would help?
> Kai
Its not you, I didn't get what the OP was asking either, so I was just going
to ignore it until someone else spoke up.

Do packages = packets or do
packages = software packages.

Maybe the OP can ask on a list that speaks their native language. It might be
easier to describe the problem.

Or at least post the best way you can translate, and add a paragraph in your
native tongue in case someone on the lists can understand better.

Native language list would probably be easier for the OP.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!