[CentOS] After BIND update owner changed and restart failed

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Jan 12 13:19:46 UTC 2009

Ralph Angenendt wrote on Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:59:37 +0100:

> You have a windows machine on the network and it gets its address by dhcp?

Yeah, I knew that ;-)

> If so it now tries to tell the name server that it has a new fancy shiny
> address!

I thought I had configured the client not to do this. But looking now I
don't see such an option. On the other hand, I can't see an option in
named.conf that would allow that. Isn't there a way to tell named to just
ignore/not accept these updates? From the error messages it looks like it
accepts them, but they fail afterwards either because of missing permissions
to the file or rndc or so. Or is there an dhcp option that would tell the
client to stop this? I have "ignore client-updates;" but that obviously is
an option for dhcpd only.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany