[CentOS] OT? File order on CentOS/Samba server -- SOLVED (kind of...)

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 02:55:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 20:45, Filipe Brandenburger
<filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3) Rundirex.txt (even with a .txt extension) is a Postscript file. [...]
> [...] way to sort the list of files from inside Postscript.

I think I did it.

Inside your Rundirex.txt, you should have this snippet:

/RunDir {                       % Uses PathName variable on the operand stack
        { /mysave save def      % Performs a save before running the PS file
          dup = flush           % Shows name of PS file being run
          RunFile               % Calls built in Distiller procedure
          clear cleardictstack  % Cleans up after PS file
          mysave restore        % Restores save level
        }
        255 string
        filenameforall
} def

Right?  If so, then add the definition of a bubble sort routine before
that (which I got from Wikipedia), and then modify /RunDir into the
snippet below. Ghostscript has a .sort built-in that does exaclty
that, but I'm including it here as I don't know if Distiller will too.

% Bubble sort from Wikibooks page on PostScript
/mybubblesort
  { 1 index length 1 sub -1 1
      { 2 index exch 2 copy get 3 copy  % arr proc arr i arr[i] arr i arr[i]
        0 1 3 index 1 sub
          { 3 index 1 index get         % arr proc arr i arr[i] arr
imax amax j arr[j]
            2 index 1 index 10 index exec
              {                               % ... amax < arr[j]
                4 2 roll
              }
            if pop pop
          }
        for                                     % arr proc arr i
arr[i] arr imax amax
        4 -1 roll exch 4 1 roll put put
      }
    for
    pop
  } bind def

/RunDir {                       % Uses PathName variable on the operand stack
        /nf 0 def               % Reset counter for number of files
        { 255 string copy       % Copy to a separate string (otherwise
would be overwritten)
          /nf nf 1 add def      % Increment counter of number of files
        }
        255 string
        filenameforall

        nf array astore         % Put all filenames in an array
        { lt } mybubblesort     % And sort it

        { /mysave save def      % Performs a save before running the PS file
          dup = flush           % Shows name of PS file being run
          RunFile               % Calls built in Distiller procedure
          clear cleardictstack  % Cleans up after PS file
          mysave restore        % Restores save level
        }
        forall                  % Execute original procedure, but
using sorted array
} def

Of course I did not test it with Distiller which I don't have... I did
test the part of sorting the list of files with Ghostscript and it
works.

Maybe word wrapping in the e-mail will ruin the snippet, if that's the
case please let me know and I'll send it attached to you.

Let us know if that works!

Filipe