[CentOS] Email/GroupWare Suite

Fri Jan 9 15:25:13 UTC 2009
Andrew Cotter <andrew.cotter at somersetcapital.com>

> Hm. Zimbra does _that_ very well IMO. Supports IE+FF+Safari,
> at least for the webmail-stuff.
>
> I'm not sure if the Open-Source version actually supports the
> Outlook-stuff (we use the commercial version and I don't use
> Outlook anyway...).
>
> I'd give Zimbra a try. It's relatively easy to setup, at
> least for a demo-case where you are not interested in
> customizing all the logos.
>

> Rainer

One thing I have found interesting with Zimbra is that you can use their
open source community edition and then get the outlook connector as an
add-on for the users you want/need.  We have a full licensed version due to
the request to keep using outlook from most people.  I would say their web
based client is very good, but others are good too.  We looked at Scalix and
found it a little more complicated and complex than we were comfortable with
going with.  Having components that I was familiar with from prior
experience in the linux world was a big help vs learning new.

Andrew