[CentOS] Email/GroupWare Suite

Fri Jan 9 20:32:56 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Bo Lynch wrote:

> We really do not use an email client here. We try to keep everything web
> based  as much as possible. So interfacing with a email client such as
> outlook really isn't that important to me. The web interface is what I'm
> interested in.

Have you looked at the SME server disto from http://www.contribs.org?
It installs as an appliance-like setup managed through a simple web
interface.  The code is mostly centos and includes hoard webmail running
over dovecot with maildir storage out of the box.  It doesn't have a
shared calendar or other groupware components in the base setup and it
is somewhat difficult to modify the already-customized configuration but
there are a number of contributed add-ons that might provide them.
Unfortunately the site seems to be down for maintenance right now so I
can't check on them.  Anyway, for a few hundred people, the setup really
is as simple as answering a few questions and adding the users and it
can also provide file/print/web/vpn services.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com