[CentOS] Anaconda crashing on new machine

fred smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Jul 20 02:10:47 UTC 2009

Hi!

I'm building up a new computer and this evening have had several events
during installation in which Anaconda has crashed. It's not clear that
there is a lot of commonality between the different crashes.

the first time I got all the way through package selection (selecting
at the individual package level) before it crashed.

the second time I made a mistake in partitioning and  did BACK several
screens to fix it, then when clicking NEXT several times to go forward
to where I had been, it blew up.

then it blew up while partitioning.

then it blew up there again, though at a different place.

I don't think there should be any problem with making /home 200 gigs,...
doesn't ext3 have a limit something more like a terabyte or more?

it's a gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 board with an AMD Phenom II X2 550 clocked
at 3.1 Ghz, and 4 gigs of g.skill ram (which has run for several hours
under memtest86+ with no problems.)

Anyone got any helpful suggestions!

BTW, I ran 3 different live-Cd distros on it today, for several hours,
just looking for problems, and didn't find any, so I'm thinking the
hardware is reasonably stable. (one always wonders, when it's all
brand-new.)

Thanks!

 .----    Fred Smith   /
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us