[CentOS] how to mount a remote directory on linux

Barry Brimer

lists at brimer.org
Sun Jul 19 18:24:40 UTC 2009

> Hello,
>
> i'd like to mount a remote directory that exists on a CENTOS 5 machine to a
> similar but local machine.
>
> i've made a local cron job that executes a script on the data provided in
> that folder hence the request above.
>
> if any help could be provided i'd appreciate it..
>
> ps: sshfs seems unsupported on centos using yum installation..

You want to determine what sharing method you would like to use (nfs,cifs)
etc and then probably use autofs to automatically mount the remote
filesystem when your local script gets called, and then the automounter
will unmount XX # of seconds later .. which I belive is set in
/etc/sysconfig/autofs ..

Barry