[CentOS] module-info vs pci.ids

Mon Jul 6 18:21:41 UTC 2009
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

nate wrote:
> Hello -
>
> It's been sooooo long since I've tried hacking the kickstart
> media to include an updated driver but I guess that time has
> come again for me at least, getting an updated "igb" driver
> into the CentOS 5.2 installation for a HP DL165G5p(I'm not
> ready yet for CentOS 5.3).

Ok I think I figured it out module-info seems not to be the
file I thought I needed to modify, I've been screwing with this
all morning without good results until I discovered I was naming
the new initrd the wrong file name..doh..

Anyways I think I resolved it by adding the new entries to
modules.alias, the driver loads no problem now.

nate