[CentOS] Open Letter to Lance Davis

Thu Jul 30 14:59:52 UTC 2009
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Craig White schrieb:
> On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 16:18 +0200, Rainer Duffner wrote:
>
>> Craig White schrieb:
>>
>>> Perhaps you can just say to Lance, thanks and keep whatever money, just
>>> turn over the domain name and then you can get your own paypal & adsense
>>> accounts.
>>>

>> I suspect this is exactly what they are trying to do.
>> Does anybody know where he lives?
>> Can somebody from the UK visit his place on the weekend to see if he's
>> still alive?
>> Maybe not directly confront him.
>> If all else fails, you can still resort to following him on the streets
>> while wearing a pink bunny-suite...
>> ;-)
>>
> ----
> I think that this has merit. Some people can ignore phone calls and
> e-mails but a personal visit is impossible to ignore. I don't think the
> pink bunny suit is needed (unless of course, you happen to be a female
> 'furry')

For some time, deb-collectors in big German cities employed students who
would followed debtors (suspected to still have money but just felt
comfortable not to pay) on their way to work, on the subway etc. They
wore pink bunny suits.
This was ruled illegal, though, same as the the later scheme to employ
debt-collectors with big muscles and Russian accent to "persuade" the
debtor to pay.

I would really be interested to know what happened, though - and give Mr
Davis a chance to present his own version of the events (even if it
boils down to "I took the money to save my business" - who is going to
throw the first stone anyway?).

I'm glad though, that the remaining project-members continue to run the
project as-is.

Rainer