[CentOS] Open Letter to Lance Davis

Fri Jul 31 01:06:08 UTC 2009
Neil Aggarwal <neil at JAMMConsulting.com>

Johnny:

> we are under no obligation to tell people how how
> we spend monies

This project asks for donations from the public.
Implied in that request is that the money will be
used to move the project forward and maybe reward
the workers for their contributions.  This situation
seems like the money is going away without a benefit
to the project or the people actually doing the work.

> What the developers expected, and what might certainly still
> be the case
> is that there is an account with monies that exists.

I hope that is true.  The fact that Lance is not being helpful
leads to the natural conclusion that it is not likely.

> why exactly does CentOS need to provide that
> information to you?

Normally, you would not.  But, when there is a hint of
misconduct, people want an explanation.

	Neil

Will your e-commerce site go offline if you have
a DB server failure, fiber cut, flood, fire, or other disaster?
If so, ask about our geographically redundant database system.